For September 25th to October 1st, 2017
- Make a meaningful sacrifice: get off your phone and help a sibling or you parents when you least want to.
- Create/Find a symbol of the Holy Trinity: contemplate what it means and bring to class to explain
- Pick a Saint: nd jot down two or three fun-facts to know and tell your friends
What the Word
IS NOT something we know nothing about, IT IS something we don’t know everything about.
CCC 774:The Greek word mysterion was translated into Latin by two terms: mysterium and sacramentum. In later usage the term sacramentum emphasizes the visible sign of the hidden reality of salvation which was indicated by the term mysterium.
Like the first sin, sin is disobedience, a revolt against God’s will through self-will to become “like gods,” knowing and determining good and evil. Sin is thus “love of oneself even to contempt of God.” (CCC 1850)
as defined by the Council of Toledo “The Father is that which the Son is, the Son that which the Father is, the Father and the Son that which the Holy Spirit is.” One Divine Nature, three Divine Persons.
“nature” is best defined by example: there are three types of nature, that is, the “what” of a being.
- Human nature = human beings. That is what we are, human beings.
- Angelic nature = angels. Notice angels are not humans. There are nine choirs (types) of angels that are in an order of closest to humans, up to, closest to God.
- Divine nature = God
“person” is the “who” a being”: “Who is God?” Answer: The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit.